These ornaments are fairly easy to make and a dozen can be cranked out in less than an hour.
60 peacock feather tips - with eyes, 6 - 8 inches long
Copper wire, 24 gauge or less
Wire cutter or scissors
1. Cut a 6 inch length of copper wire.
2. Select five feathers and arrange with eyes facing up. Gather together and try to fan them slightly with your hand.
3. Wind copper wire around the quill ends of the group of feathers.
4. Fan out the feathers if possible.
5. Cut a 12 - 15 inch length of ribbon and tie in a bow at the top of the quill end.
6. You should be able to hook a wire ornament hanger into the back of the bow to hang the ornament.
Wrap in acid-free tissue paper and place in a large padded envelope or box.
I like to use copper metallic ribbon with the peacock feathers - there is a nice contrast of colors. I also use copper wire rather than standard green florist wire since it may peek through.