Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas 2008


Hello everyone! Just a quick note to say that this year, unfortunately, I'm experiencing a bit of a "hard candy Christmas" due to the economy and being laid off back in October. So we've opted not to put up my "gold tree" shown above.

This tree has a back story which is kind of neat: I spotted this in the window of a "seasonal" store which was set up at the Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco, California about 15 years ago. It was several weeks before Christmas and I asked the owner of the shop if she would sell me the tree. We agreed on the price and after paying she told me to come back after Christmas. I had made it clear that my intention was to take the tree with me right then and there - so I helped her remove the ornaments and 10 minutes later I had a small box packed with the dis-assembled tree!

Despite being made of plastic (doesn't look it, right?), I like the simplicity and the fact that it is assembled in less than five minutes and can fit in a small box. The photo below shows how I set up the tree on the 1920s era bar in front of the entry way mirror.



And to cover up the metal base, I use a gold shear table runner with some gold glitter leaf picks placed on top.

2 comments:

T.K. said...

That looks great, Thomas, very elegant!

Terra said...

This is a very beautiful and unique tree.
Will you set it up for Christmas in 2009?